Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Angel's Dance

I left work just a tad bit late last night. So, I only had about 10 minutes to get in a good leg workout. I headed over to the weights, and did a quick (literally) routine. 600 seconds later, I was cooling down in the yoga part of the gym (a separate room). 

When I got in there, there were a couple other people waiting for the class to start, but there was also someone that didn't belong. In the back corner, there was this girl (maybe 13-15 years old) and she was bent over, getting something out of her bag. The first thing I noticed about her was her shiny, sparkly, silver cape she was wearing. I didn't think too much of it, until she started to dance all over the room (between the people waiting for the class). While she danced, she lifted the cap with her arms, and it was actually something that looked like angel wings. They were huge, silver, sparkly, shiny wings. She seemed very proud of the dance routine she was practicing. I've never seen anything like it. She left once the instructor same in. 


Yoga was such a great workout, especially after doing a quick leg workout before hand. It usually takes me 20 minutes sometimes longer) to do the same routine, I just packed in to 10 minutes. It was good for me to use different muscles, doing this quickly. My legs are still sore. But, they feel good! I think I may do this every other week, or so. I feel little muscle (that I didn't know could hurt), burn. I love it! Too bad I have 11.5 miles to run on these legs. It's also good to run on tired legs (I use to do it all the time). When it comes to race day (half marathon the first weekend in March), tired legs are a good thing to know when it comes to the end and you're still able to push yourself. It's great practice!

How often to you train on tired legs? I use to do it for the entire week and rest them on my rest days. I have a more relaxed approach to this training cycle. I like testing out different options and using what fits me best.

Do you own a pair of shiny, silver, sparkly angel like wings? Was that you last night? Any other crazy outfits (non-Halloween)?






No comments:

Post a Comment