Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Heat is On

Day 2 of training for my "fast" 5k. I didn't do as well as I'd hope, but I got it done. The heat is really killing me. My time today was 37.14 (I don't know why the photo turned out sideways). I was dragging the entire time. Before I left for my run, my body decided it didn't want to go. But, I didn't want to drive to the gym to spend 1/2 hour board on the tm. I dealt with the heat.


You may not be able to tell from the photo below, but it was about 97 out today with almost no breeze. 


I was drenched and ready to sit down somewhere cool. I'm very happy that I made myself go and I got what I needed done, done. 

Do you ever have one of those days where you can't wait until it's time to run, when it finally gets here, you don't want to go?





2 comments:

  1. That's some serious heat. Just remember that all of these sweaty workouts will make you stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's almost every day (motivation, not heat thank God)! I'm psyched beforehand, but spend 4x longer than needed getting ready. haha We're an odd breed.

    Awesome job dealing with the heat. I've got a track workout tonight in 90+ and not quite looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete