Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Jason & I celebrated our Valentines Day on Sunday. We're always so busy during the week and I wanted to make a nice dinner and nice dessert, I wouldn't have had time to do all this during the week.


We started the day off by being lazy and staying in our pj's until 1pm. This is the first time we've done this since we moved. It was so nice. We just sat around talking and drinking our coffee. Then, we were wanting to get some hard work on, so we tackled the back yard. We're not "working" on it, yet, but it needs to be presentable. Our intention was to work for about 1 hour, then come in and relax some more. The next thing we know, 4 hours went by and we were starting to loose sun.

We came in, got cleaned up and changed and I started making our food. The main course was breaded salmon, fresh green beans and brown rice with a side of white wine.

Dessert didn't exactly mesh with the wine. I made red velvet cupcakes. I've never had these or made these before. I think they came out pretty good.  Recipes always make too much frosting. Each cupcake got a ton of frosting and I still had a lot left over.

How was your Valentines Day? Do you ever get a lot of frosting left over?

No comments:

Post a Comment