Thursday, February 16, 2012

Falling in Love all Over Again & Running Naked

I know most of you may think this post is about the hubs, but you are wrong. You may know that I do have another true love in my life. My family and friends are aware of this love. I rearrange my schedule for this love, Jason doesn't care for this love, but he is very understanding. What hubby can understand when his wife has another love in her life? I have been on a break from this love, but it's back!!

RUNNING!! It's true! I've fallin head over heels in love with running, once again. I'm not currently training for anything, so it can be fun again. Don't get me wrong, I love schedules. I have a schedule for anything and everything (every minute of my weekends are fully scheduled out). I just want to run what I want to run. If I feel like running for 2 miles, I will. If I feel like running 10 miles, I will. I love running what I feel like running.

Last night, after work, I headed out to the local park (yes, I have parks everywhere: 2 at my house and 1 near my work). The path that leads around the park is about 2.5 miles. I ran completely naked. Some of you may not know, "running naked" just means that you run without any electronics: watch, music, gps, ect. All I had was my thoughts and the amazing scenery. I haven't ran this route in a while, and it has changed. So many new trees have been planted and not many people were out. The people that were out were walking their happy little dogs.

This is one of my best runs this year (that doesn't show much, since I've probably only ran 15 miles this year).

Describe one of your best runs. What made it so great?

3 comments:

  1. I too, have a love affair with running. Also, like you, my husband doesn't completely understand it, but he does support it. www.dashingdiva.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running just to run, is by far the best kind of running! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for rekindling the love! Running naked (and without a schedule) is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete