Monday, February 11, 2013

Davis Stampede 10k

Last weekend was a difficult weekend. It started with Friday. We had a lot of errands to run and the time it came to our last errand (grocery shopping), we were too hungry and didn't have any energy. We decided not to go that day. We had more errands to do the next day anyways. 

So Saturday (day before Super Bowl Sunday), we went to the store. There were only 3 parking spots left (I did count). I couldn't handle going (plus, I didn't feel well that day). I decided I could stay awake until midnight and go then (this store is open 24 hours). About 11:30, Jason decided to take a shower (so we could go straight to sleep, after we put the groceries away). That's when all hell broke lose...

All of our sewer pipes decided to back up. After waiting for the plumber to arrive and snake the drain (which the pipe was hidden and we had to break some stuff in order to find it), we were able to get about 2 1/2 hours of sleep that night. 

I got up bright and early (still dark out=can't wait for the time change and it gets brighter early and late) for the Davis Stampede and arrived at the start to pick up my packet. Of course, it was so crowded and busy. Everyone had so much energy and were so happy to be there. I was tired and just wanted to get this done.



When I lined up, I started getting more excited and happy to be there. I told Jason I wasn't sure what time time was, but I was guessing about 1:10.


After a wonderful 6.2 miles later (best run I've had in months), I spotted Jason (near the finish line) and 1:09 (according to my garmin).


Jason was super sleepy too, so the photos aren't that great.


I crossed that line with the biggest smile and enjoyed every 4,140 seconds. Lately, my runs have been slow and sluggish (not great when my next half is in March). 


After checking my official time, I found I finished 1 minute earlier than I thought. Official time: 1:08:21. I'm so glad I had this man to run to. He inspires me to succeed and finish faster. 



How's your 2013 race calendar going? I have 2 more races on the schedule (March=half and Aug=5k color run)






1 comment: