Thursday, August 30, 2012

5k Outside

I have a park less than a tenth of a mile from my work. So, usually, if I run outside, I'll go from there. It's awkward leaving from work and having everyone see me like that, it's just easier to drive there. This is how my run starts. It's so green and pretty.

 

Most of my run is in the sun, so that's why it gets so freaking hot. There are so many trees, but the way the sun is at that time of day, it's not a lot of shade where I'm running.


There's a little bit of "trails"on my run. But, it's mostly pavement. I think I'm mainly a pavement runner. That's where I prefer to train (even if it's deathly hot or pouring down rain).


Towards the end of my run, I enter the park. There are a lot of baseball and soccer fields here. I love it! So many people are here after work, I'm not alone getting my sweat on.


I'm almost to my car (I just passed some bathrooms, where I've had to make many, many emergency stops). 

I had another great outside run last night! I've missed it so much. When the weather cools down, I will be running outside a lot more and head to my classes afterwards.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but we've been eating a ton of tomatoes in our random dinners. Our tomato garden is going crazy, but only producing small baby tomatoes. I can't stuff them or make tomato sauce or soup of of. We would be pushing it with salsa. I only have a handful of small "normal"tomatoes. I hope to picks up because I really want to make all that stuff again.


Where do you prefer to train (pavement, trails, treadmill, shower, backyard, etc)? Do you have a garden? If so, what are you growing? Are you producing as much as you have in the past?



PS.   In case you were wondering, yes, I did some more digging for the rock wall.




No comments:

Post a Comment